• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

pugfrank

Head lining removal?

pugfrank

It was getting late last night when I got onto removing the headlining, removed the roof handles, sun visors, but then got stumped on how the centre centre light cowl came away!  I called it a night and stopped at this point.  Can anyone help me out with how you remove it?

Dose the head lining then just pull away?

PXL_20210729_181148121.jpg

pugfrank

Also spied this when I was trying to work out how the roof lining removed! Rusty drain hole on the sun roof!   What can ppl advise for a fix solution? refurb? 

PXL_20210729_181217575.jpg

pugfrank
2 hours ago, pugfrank said:

It was getting late last night when I got onto removing the headlining, removed the roof handles, sun visors, but then got stumped on how the centre centre light cowl came away!  I called it a night and stopped at this point.  Can anyone help me out with how you remove it?

Dose the head lining then just pull away?

PXL_20210729_181148121.jpg

Another google find

pugfrank

Please could some one tell me is its these two rusty screws that I undo to release the front plastic sunroof trim?  the trim should slid forward and off? 

PS. they aint gonna undo with a screwdriver! heads appear to be crumbering as I look at them! :lol: :wacko: any good suggestions? 

949495306_sunroofscrews.thumb.JPG.ae0ce40231a6b75a73426dc2f46e16e2.JPG

pugfrank

and its off :D

PXL_20210805_190630425.jpg

Leslie green

I have watched the video but it suggests I can just pull down the headlining which appears to be glued to 2 rails one either side but when I pull on it I an ripping the glue instead of it coming off , what do I need to do to get the headlining out , its free at the back and roof light surround is off ? Nothing in the haynes I can see .

Its a sliding glass sunroof phase 2 gti 

Edited by Leslie green