• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Skip

1.9 GTi rear brake calliper sliders

Skip

Greetings people. I'm servicing the rear callipers on my 1.9 GTi and I need to replace the rubber rings on either end of the sliders. Unlike the front it's harder on the back of course. It looks like the slider rubbers are held in by a ring, does anyone know how to remove the rings? are they screwed in or push fit and need knocking out? I have Bosch 331561 callipers if that helps? I'll also attach a couple of photos.Thanks.

IMG_9848.jpeg

IMG_9847.jpeg

Skip
56 minutes ago, Skip said:

Greetings people. I'm servicing the rear callipers on my 1.9 GTi and I need to replace the rubber rings on either end of the sliders. Unlike the front it's harder on the back of course. It looks like the slider rubbers are held in by a ring, does anyone know how to remove the rings? are they screwed in or push fit and need knocking out? I have Bosch 331561 callipers if that helps? I'll also attach a couple of photos.Thanks.

Ah, so turns out that ring doesn't come out, just a ring under the rubber 

IMG_9852.jpeg

welshpug

they are moulded into the boot, brake parts international in Rochdale can supply them.

Skip

Hey Welshpug, thanks for the reply. Yep, after I ripped away some of the rubber I noticed a little nick in the alloy, put a narrow screwdriver in there and.......pop, came out easy. The other 7 were out in mins :) 

Cheers for the recommendation but I've the slider repair pack, have done for a couple of years but the rest of the rebuild took up time until now. Just ordered 2 piston service kits too, might as well do them while the brakes are off. It could even be them that's sticking.