• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

MapMan

XS 4 branch manifold- solution from a 306?

MapMan

Hi all, 

I have been looking fruitlessly (as have many people I believe) for a 4 branch exhaust manifold for my TU3 engined XS. 

Recently I have stumbled on this advertised for a 306 8v and the profile over the subframe looks remarkably similar:

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/manufacturers/ta-technix/exhausts-manifolds/peugeot/peugeot-306-ta-technix-exhaust-manifold-1-4-1-6-8v-xn-xr-xs-xt.html

Has anyone ever tried this or with knowledge of both models think that it would fit before I bite the bullet? 

Thanks. 

welshpug

I believe theres issues between height of the ally block tu3s and the iron tu5 possibly.

MapMan

Thanks, I hadn't heard of an 8v Tu5 before so I assumed the 306 was Tu3 for the smaller petrol engines. 

If it was a bit cheaper I would go for it and try (looks so, so close to a 205 setup).

Connor

Would also be curious to hear of any options exist for this engine anymore!

Alan_M
On 7/11/2021 at 10:34 AM, MapMan said:

Thanks, I hadn't heard of an 8v Tu5 before so I assumed the 306 was Tu3 for the smaller petrol engines. 

If it was a bit cheaper I would go for it and try (looks so, so close to a 205 setup).

TU3 is a 1.4, TU5 is a 1.6 is it not? Both available in various guises (carb/SPi and MPi) in a 306 as well as 106/Saxos etc.