• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Eugene wilson

bm baker ajustable gear selector arm

Eugene wilson

hello, could anybody help with some advice whether or not the sliding ball joint needs to be tightened up after setting up the linkage.i tried to ring  baker bm but they dont answer the phone.the cars going for mot friday so need to get it back together.

Steve205

The sliding ball joint on top of linkage needs to be tightened.  The higher up the ball is raised,  the shorter the throw is on the gear lever. I set mine just over halfway up. It really tidied up a previously sloppy gear change. 

Stephen 

Eugene wilson

hello stephen, ive got the arm on the car,i tried to tighten it up from underneath and the whole lot just turns round ,the only way that i can think of is make a 1mm thick spanner like tool to go inbetween the arm and the ball joint otherwise ill have to remove the arm from the car and try again unless ive got to press on top of the ball???

Eugene wilson

unless you turn and press on it till it drops into the notch?? 

welshpug

should be spanner flats on the shaft under the ball, probably 11mm or thereabouts for an M8, 13mm on the nut.

Eugene wilson

thanks mei and stephen  ,i feel daft now.i ve done it youve got to have the arm off,it was so hard getting it on with the pin ,not doing one before,not knowing the knack of sliding it back on,id taped the one under the body,another job done,ready for mot friday,ill try downloading pics,with the help of my daugher,lol