• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Connor

Where to buy a rear beam?

Connor

Hi everyone,

So I just got my 205 back from having bistein b4s and lowering springs fitted, and the garage have said that the rear beam is bent and needs replacing. Where would be the best place to get one? I have seen this site:

https://rearaxle.co.uk/product/rear-axle-peugeot-205/

Which seems like a bargain, but also doesn't look complete compared to other beams I've seen. The car is a GT model.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Connor

welshpug

I'd use one of the members on here, I think Tom Fenton is closest to you that I know of but a little trek down to rotherham.

very rare is a beam actually bent, most likely just severely worn so chances are you may need a replacement crossmember tube as well as the shafts and bearings.

the quality of the cheap mass produced complete beams is a little lacking, material specs and qc not a patch on original and aftermarket decent quality parts.

Connor
On 6/10/2021 at 6:59 PM, welshpug said:

I'd use one of the members on here, I think Tom Fenton is closest to you that I know of but a little trek down to rotherham.

very rare is a beam actually bent, most likely just severely worn so chances are you may need a replacement crossmember tube as well as the shafts and bearings.

the quality of the cheap mass produced complete beams is a little lacking, material specs and qc not a patch on original and aftermarket decent quality parts.

Thanks a lot! I will give him a message!

Would you also happen to know about if getting the solid mounts is overkill for the road? Would it be too harsh?

Thanks!

Anthony
On 6/11/2021 at 10:42 PM, Connor said:

Would you also happen to know about if getting the solid mounts is overkill for the road? Would it be too harsh?

I personally never found the increase in NVH that noticeable with solid beam mounts, and certainly they were fitted to my 205 when I was doing 20k miles p.a. (admittedly a fair few years ago!) and while not directly comparable, have been fitted to my 306's that I've been doing the same mileage in (up until Covid)

Everyone is different though and have different tolerances and sensitivities to such things.

Connor
On 6/14/2021 at 12:23 PM, Anthony said:

I personally never found the increase in NVH that noticeable with solid beam mounts, and certainly they were fitted to my 205 when I was doing 20k miles p.a. (admittedly a fair few years ago!) and while not directly comparable, have been fitted to my 306's that I've been doing the same mileage in (up until Covid)

Everyone is different though and have different tolerances and sensitivities to such things.

That's great to hear! I've ordered up a set from baker bm! Thanks!