• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Dimi

Rear wiper plastic panel removal

Dimi

1.9 1993 gti. I tried looking everywhere also using search on this forum, and cannot figure out how to remove the plastic cover over the rear wiper motor. I can see some white clips in the corners and I do not want to pry further and break some unobtainium stuff.

My rear wiper motor is very noisy and I wanted to open all up and clean/grease the arms and all. See photo of the cover.

Let me know the way you have taken the cover off, please.

IMG_20210605_173707_1.jpg

AlexRS2782

Last year when i removed mine i just eased it off all round by using a panel removal tool and then carefully pulled it down towards me.  Do it carefully and the mounting brackets in the panel itself shouldn't break.

A couple of the white clips might crack / split due to age when removing, but they can be replaced as they're just plastic retaining plugs.

Edit - example from UK ebay below (Pug code is 6996.45) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190705490545

Dimi

Much appreciated, Alex!

Now I got the courage to give it a go with a proper trim plastic removal/pry tool.

Will follow up with photos over the weekend.

Cheers!

Dimi

Two photos for reference of the clips holding the rear wiper motor cover to the tailgate. I did not brake anything, but the pulling was scary. Now to figure out why that motor/drive grinds so badly and looks like new...

IMG_20210620_200753_1.jpg

IMG_20210620_201957_8.jpg