• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BamBamGTI

Omex 500 tacho output

BamBamGTI

My car has an Omex 500 or 550 and I cannot determine what the blue aux output is being used for other than tracing the wires. I think it is for the fuel pump as it goes to a relay in the engine bay (one of two I think this is from the Mi16 loom).

My tachometer does not work and Ive read that I can pick up the coil pack signal from the ECU IGN1 or IGN2 negative connections. I connected each of these to wire 112 but it didn't work. Would I need a tach mod and would that work running from the Coil - connxs or would this only work with the ECU tach output?

BamBamGTI

I'm using a Zetec Coil pack. Is there anyone else on here still using a 500 for management?

Tom Fenton

The standard 205 tacho isn't compatible with the digital signal a modern ecu provides.

A convertor is needed. I used the one Emerald sell.

BamBamGTI
On 6/3/2021 at 12:47 PM, Tom Fenton said:

The standard 205 tacho isn't compatible with the digital signal a modern ecu provides.

A convertor is needed. I used the one Emerald sell.

I cannot use the ECU output as there is only one aux output thats being used for the fuel pump.

I was going to make a filter using both -ves from the coil pack

gti-6-205-rev.bmp