• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HoRSiCZeK

new OEM valve springs for XU9

HoRSiCZeK

Hi there guys,

we are placing that D6B head on DFZ bottom, and I wanted to change a valve springs since the head is being ported etc...

has please someone a tip where to buy new valve springs for XU9? Since I got info from Peugeot that they cant order those anymore not even directly from France....?

found this topic from few years ago, but that ebay buyer is not working also....

Is there any form of replacement from Peugeot? just a different number from some other engine? valve spring 095254

or is my only way to buy some new performance cam and buy uprated springs like from Cat Cams?

Do I need those uprated valve springs for smthng like Cat Cams fast road cam or are those needed for Race+ types of cams and applications?

Car is not for racing, will run on standard D6B ECU

thx for any ideas!

Jakub

petert

Those old springs last forever. I’d be finding a newer set from an XU10J2 if in doubt and/or shimming them up if for an otherwise standard engine. Find someone with a spring tester and aim for 90-95lbs of seat pressure.

HoRSiCZeK
2 hours ago, petert said:

Those old springs last forever. I’d be finding a newer set from an XU10J2 if in doubt and/or shimming them up if for an otherwise standard engine. Find someone with a spring tester and aim for 90-95lbs of seat pressure.

XU10J2 has the same ones according to other forum I found here, so same part number same problem...

Yea will try to find someone to test them... I just wanted to replace them for new bcs I have that option and its nothing bad about it, or to already know a option where to get some if they will find some problem while doing a work on head...

petert

If they install within spec., you haven't got a problem. Many people just install springs without paying attention to the finer detail of required seat pressure. Of course if you have to shim them up too far, you may not have enough clearance between the coils when the valve is fully open (spring bind).