• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Alan_M

Torsion Bars - Suppliers

welshpug

first time I've come across that seller, they state all the right things though, and the spline pattern looks decent

allanallen

I  know the lad who makes these and they are top drawer. He’s spent a lot of time testing oe bars and his are made to the exact same specs, he’s very knowledgeable on the subject.  The machining and finish is superb unlike other aftermarket bars I’ve seen. 

The pre stressing isn’t just sales patter either, he’s made a stressing/testing rig and I think I’m right in saying he can supply you with the actual wheel rates for bars. 

highly recommended, I’ve even used my own money to by bars off him! :P

Edited by allanallen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

welshpug

did wonder if one of you guys would know of him with the Derbyshire location

Alan_M
29 minutes ago, allanallen said:

I  know the lad who makes these and they are top drawer. He’s spent a lot of time testing oe bars and his are made to the exact same specs, he’s very knowledgeable on the subject.  The machining and finish is superb unlike other aftermarket bars I’ve seen. 

The pre stressing isn’t just sales patter either, he’s made a stressing/testing rig and I think I’m right in saying he can supply you with the actual wheel rates for bars. 

highly recommended, I’ve even used my own money to by bars off him! :P

Your word is good enough for me. Order in!

• Like 1

petert

Brilliant. It’s great to see a high quality product on the market. The guy clearly knows his stuff and has put it all on the table for the competition to see.

• Like 1

Alan_M

Just to bring this to an end, the torsions bars fitted a treat. Bought an arb too, which needed a little playing with as there was a few mm's of deviation once fitted. Got it spot it by turning the arb around. 23mm TBs and 25mm ARB barely moved with my 13st frame bouncing on it! Might be back for 21mm bars if its too stiff.

Highly recommend this supplier though.

Tom Fenton

I bought a pair of 21mm bars from Tom last year for my rally car. Proper things and they’ve done a few events now without issues.

jord294

I've had quite a few sets of bars off Tomas, and fit lovely.

Just bought a 30mm arb hor a customers 306 dimma

pug_ham

Have any of you got the link to Tomas's ebay shop or website (if he has one)?

The link posted originally doesn't work anymore & even though I thought I'd saved him to my sellers on ebay, I appear not to have done.

g

allanallen
1 hour ago, pug_ham said:

Have any of you got the link to Tomas's ebay shop or website (if he has one)?

The link posted originally doesn't work anymore & even though I thought I'd saved him to my sellers on ebay, I appear not to have done.

g

I’ve messengered his number Graham, think he’s given up with eBay 

• Like 1

pug_ham

For anyone interested in any bars from Tom, he currently sells them through Pug1off.

He's given up with ebay due to the hassle of it all.

g.

Rko

Who is currently available to rebuild a 1.6 GTI rear beam? 

I am based in Hertfordshire but travel with work on a regular basis so should be able to run my axle up to you.