• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ruben

Fuse for Omex 600

Ruben

Hi guys! I just installed my omex 600 and for caution measures i will fuse the wires that feed the power relay from the ecu. Will a 15 amps fuse do the job or will a 10 amps fuse be enough?

Edited by Ruben

speaksgeek

A fuse protects the wire, not the device.

Figure out what size (mm2 or AWG) wire you have, and how much current it can safely carry. Select a fuse based on that number.

Duroc

If you're talking about the power feed (ignition switched) to the ecu, then only a 1 amp fuse is necessary. Omex managed to omit this on their 600 ecu wiring diagram, but on the 710 you will see it included

Ruben

I emailed omex and they told me to use 5 amp fuse on the thin wire (ignition) and 20 amp in the thick wire (battery)

Ruben
On 5/1/2021 at 11:32 PM, Duroc said:

If you're talking about the power feed (ignition switched) to the ecu, then only a 1 amp fuse is necessary. Omex managed to omit this on their 600 ecu wiring diagram, but on the 710 you will see it included

I emailed omex and they told me to use 5 amp fuse on the thin wire (ignition) and 20 amp in the thick wire (battery)

Duroc

Ok, fair enough. I think you're talking about the relay, switched by the ecu, to power the injectors, coils etc. I was talking about the ignition power feed to the ECU. Have you fused that?