• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bosco

Mystery Coolant Hose

bosco

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a replacement water/coolant hose for a 96 petrol 1.1l LHD.

It's the hose that comes out the bottom of the thermostat housing and then goes into the bottom pipe on the heater matrix, hope that makes sense. I think, think, the part number might be 6464A6 but I haven't been able to find a good diagram or pic anywhere online to confirm it's the right part.

Would love if anyone has any idea what I'm on about or could point me in the direction of a good catalogue with pics. I've got in contact with peugeotcarparts.co.uk but no joy as of yet.

The pic below is how it would look if you were standing on the passenger side of the bonnet looking in. The left hand side is where it connects to the thermostat and is missing about 20mm off the end that I cut off, it was leaking there so I cut it back and re-attached. It worked okay but I'd like to get it fixed right.

Or is it a lost cause and could I get away with a standard hose? And in that case does anyone know the correct size? I measured the old hose as 16mm but it might be stretched a bit.

Thanks in advance for any help

IMG_20210423_180723_9.jpg

bosco

6464A5 is widely available, but not what I need. I got overexcited. My car is not a LHD, I am a fool, I always get that jumbled in my head for some reason. Maybe cause we drive on the left, anyway...:rolleyes:

It's a RHD which means I do need 6464A6, which is nowhere to be found. Thanks anyway SRDT, at least I definitely know the number now!