• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ruben

Omex Wiring

Ruben

Hi folks! Just fitted an Omex 600 on my 205 1.6 GTI , but , i have a little doubt about how to connect the two red wires , one says ign and another says battery , i think i allready found the place for those , the battery goes to the red wire that comes from the key and the ignition one goes to a blue wire that feeds the starter engine, correct me if im wrong. Still i have other two cables one blue and another blue and green that goes to DASH , but i dont know where those go. 

Best Regards!

Ruben Figueira

welshpug

wrong!

battery, shock horror...     goes to battery!     this will be a permanent live feed for the relays.

ignition is for the red wire switched by the ignition key, originally goes to the ignition coil, this will turn on a relay which will turn on the ecu.

ecu will turn on the fuel relay when it sees an engine speed signal.

dash wiring depends on function, I would imagine one will be a rev counter feed and another for a shift light maybe, look at the wiring diagram.

Edited by welshpug

Ruben
3 hours ago, welshpug said:

wrong!

battery, shock horror...     goes to battery!     this will be a permanent live feed for the relays.

ignition is for the red wire switched by the ignition key, originally goes to the ignition coil, this will turn on a relay which will turn on the ecu.

ecu will turn on the fuel relay when it sees an engine speed signal.

dash wiring depends on function, I would imagine one will be a rev counter feed and another for a shift light maybe, look at the wiring diagram.

Thats exactly what i tought at first , but after i asked the person who sold me the wiring and the ecu itself , he told me that the two red wires should be connected on switched lives + and not permanent ones. I tried to see in the ecu installation manual but i dont seem to find any info about the DASH wires and their location. I have three relays , one for the power supply , one for the fuel pump and anothet one for the fan , but i might not use the one for the fan, the power supply relay feeds the fuel pump and also feeds the fan relay. The fuel pump relay is bridged by the power supplie.

Btw , thanks for the advising and the correction!

Best Regards!

Ruben Figueira 

IMG-20210421-WA0003.jpg

Edited by Ruben
Wanted to add info