• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Spencer

Parts ordering for shipment to the U.S.

Spencer

Hello fellow GTI folks, I've got a long punch list on my phase 1 1.6 I just acquired, and I was wondering if anyone had some good tips on parts ordering for delivery to America. I've ordered from the UK off of EUSpares, which took forever, and off of EBay, which did not, but I'm wondering if there's any particular supplier folks would recommend. My shopping list includes pretty much all hoses and combustibles, rear brake slave cylinders, coolant temperature sensor/unit, thermostat, cap and rotor for the distributor, rear hatch struts, washer pump motors, quarter window rubber, and various other bits and bobs. Thanks!

Gohn

I can't comment on the shipping or how long it takes to arrive to US

but buying lots of parts to ship far is difficult

you can get good prices shopping around but shipping lots of packages separately kills on total freight

but getting heaps of parts from one supplier is difficult anyway, and the prices wont be as competitive

UK owners have way more choice and much better prices

over here, its just use every avenue available

UK peug dealers seem pretty good but wont sell to you cause your not there (me either)

I've only bought a couple things from these guys lately but you can search with part numbers easily and find out straight away whats available:

https://www.pieces-de-rechange-classic.com/15-l-aventure-peugeot-classic

another place has been recommended and they've got plenty of parts but I haven't used them yet:

https://www.franzose.de/en/Home/

and Dean's good:

http://www.peugeotparts.co.uk

there's also ebay too. lots of the newer places in Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania are pretty good if its not urgent as the mails slow due to covid

also JDMotorsport (they're in UK) is good too, they have a few ebay names

barneys66

I'm happy to help with consolidating parts and shipping them out to you in one box.

I have a couple of American classics and would be lost without guys over there helping me out, so happy to offer the same. 

Spencer
On 4/16/2021 at 5:38 AM, Gohn said:

I can't comment on the shipping or how long it takes to arrive to US

but buying lots of parts to ship far is difficult

you can get good prices shopping around but shipping lots of packages separately kills on total freight

but getting heaps of parts from one supplier is difficult anyway, and the prices wont be as competitive

UK owners have way more choice and much better prices

over here, its just use every avenue available

UK peug dealers seem pretty good but wont sell to you cause your not there (me either)

I've only bought a couple things from these guys lately but you can search with part numbers easily and find out straight away whats available:

https://www.pieces-de-rechange-classic.com/15-l-aventure-peugeot-classic

another place has been recommended and they've got plenty of parts but I haven't used them yet:

https://www.franzose.de/en/Home/

and Dean's good:

http://www.peugeotparts.co.uk

there's also ebay too. lots of the newer places in Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania are pretty good if its not urgent as the mails slow due to covid

also JDMotorsport (they're in UK) is good too, they have a few ebay names

Thanks so much for the info, I'll check them out!

Spencer

Spencer
On 4/16/2021 at 6:59 AM, barneys66 said:

I'm happy to help with consolidating parts and shipping them out to you in one box.

I have a couple of American classics and would be lost without guys over there helping me out, so happy to offer the same. 

Hey Barney, thanks so much for the offer. I'll let you know if I need this. Please do the same!

Cheers,

Spencer

Dimi

Hi Spencer,

I am in Vancouver Canada, and have a 106 GTI and 205 1.9 GTI. I have the same issue as you and have been using spareto.com, ebay and autodoc for both cars since 2016.

However, since I got the 205 last year, I have been shopping for things on Rockauto.com as they have a section for both Peugeot 405, DOCH and SOCH engines. It could be that some parts are interchangeable for your car too. The 1.9 engines of the 205 and 405 are very similar, but not for your 1.6 I am afraid. However still worth checking what they offer. I always cross-reference the model numbers just to be safe. I have bought, spark plugs, all filters, alternator etc :-)

Cheers!

_20210418_210522.png

Spencer
11 hours ago, Dimi said:

Hi Spencer,

I am in Vancouver Canada, and have a 106 GTI and 205 1.9 GTI. I have the same issue as you and have been using spareto.com, ebay and autodoc for both cars since 2016.

However, since I got the 205 last year, I have been shopping for things on Rockauto.com as they have a section for both Peugeot 405, DOCH and SOCH engines. It could be that some parts are interchangeable for your car too. The 1.9 engines of the 205 and 405 are very similar, but not for your 1.6 I am afraid. However still worth checking what they offer. I always cross-reference the model numbers just to be safe. I have bought, spark plugs, all filters, alternator etc :-)

Cheers!

_20210418_210522.png

Hi Dimi, thanks for the tips, I'll check them out! 

Spencer

Mikey S

Hi spencer.

I'm willing to help, I've got good trade contacts in Eurocarparts, Eurorepar (Psa aftermarket) and the Parts Alliance in the UK so can supply decent, branded parts to anyone in the US.

Regards

Mike

Edited by Mikey S

welshpug

I recently posted a small package to S-F city which got there in 5 days no issues, though a T shirt from LA took 2.5 weeks to arrive here :blink: