• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Arthur

Front window rubber water drain

Arthur

Hello all

Is underneath normal, or perhaps a crap imitation rubber? Or just a crap design?

At my fingernail is the drain hole for the rubber, and 1,5 inch further the drain passage. With heavy rain it's not enough flow and it stills over the little bulkhead into the car. Why is the hole not at the passage?

Right at where the body panels are welded, at the fingernail, there is also a not so smooth section where the rubber is not sealing to the body. Can I kit/glue the rubber in the car, and then mount the window back from the front with the well known rope trick? (car side with kit, glass side without kit)

161971318_3836752836403814_7069960434911

Edited by Arthur
text

Arthur

Edit. When I say kit, I mean sealant. "kit' isn't really English, right? 

Arthur

Oké, If no one will help, I have to do it myself (again) :P

One opinion: Yes the design is crap. 

One answer; Yes, one can glue the rubber into the car and mount the window from the front. I used an old speedrope and it wasn't to hard. I think it's a good option. You can also use the sealant as rust prevention and seam seal, and thus kill 3 birds with one stone. Main problem is the rubber will not stay in the corners without the window. I could not let is cure overnight. I also 

I hope it's better now. I'm even thinking to add sealant to the outside, between window and rubber, but let's see how this keeps up. 

163754982_3848603335218764_5923960804996

163438029_3848603461885418_4419266812154

163975794_3848603345218763_4455110738343

163573950_3848603451885419_1181522045305

Edited by Arthur

Dale

Would you not have a problem replacing the scuttle panel if you were to use sealant on the outside?. I might have read it wrong and I'm not the best on this stuff but just a thought I had after reading.

Arthur
2 hours ago, Dale said:

Would you not have a problem replacing the scuttle panel if you were to use sealant on the outside?. I might have read it wrong and I'm not the best on this stuff but just a thought I had after reading.

Yes, correct. I’m thinking to do all but the lower side. But maybe it’s fine now. 

Gohn

good effort arthur,

interested in what you're doin cause I've not had a windscreen out yet

how do you get the glass out safely without breaking anything ? do you just carefully kick it out from the inside ?

and what's the rope trick to put it back in ?

If I'm understanding correctly, your order to reinstall was sealant in the cavity, glass in, more sealant and then the rubber seal ?

Arthur

Hi

I have used a blunt screwdriver and half a dozen popsicle stick sticks to get it out from the inside.

So sealant in the cavity, rubber in the car, window in, from the front, without sealant. But applying sealant on the outside as well could be an option. Just don't do the lower side, because that's where the scuttle panel goes in between. 

With the rope trick one uses a rope in the rubber, and with that rope you force the rubber around the window. It's an old trick from back when this was standard. I didn't invent it. Found it on youtube myself. 

• Thanks 1

Gohn

cheers arthur, i'll av a look

Arthur

Next topic will be the quarter windows. Anyone ever successfully applied a non-peugeot option as rubber? Like an rubber s-profile. I don't mind when the panels can't be opened anymore. Just want the water to stay outside of the car. To be honest I didn't even know there are non opening windows for base models available. 

https://www.indi.nl/nl-nl/p/Raamrubber-S-profiel-25x20mm-CA8520

Edited by Arthur