• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Shanesheard22

Need help with a rough value gutmann

Shanesheard22

Hi all, first post here. 

I have the oppertunitly to buy a 1991 205 gti gutmann, the car needs work for mot. new wing, brakes , brake pipes and no doubt some welding and many other things.

I read up a bit and seen these are pretty rare? 

It has all the original paper work and 2 owners from new 

Any one ideas on a rough price it would be worth? 

Cheers Shane  

IMG-20210301-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20210301-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20210301-WA0025.jpg

MrStock

How much is asked for?

speno

Hi what engine is in it chap 

I have a gutmann too the chap . But it needs full resto 

Henry Yorke

In the UK a lot of people want standard cars and not many know what Gutmann is, a bit like the AC Schnitzer / AMG for Peugeot.  Therefore the market is often unpredictable.

The car is fitted with a Racing Look 2 kit, but i can't see if it has the optional rear valance.  It is missing a rear arch (usually colour coded with this kit).  It depends what is lying beneath the rear quarter spats as they often rust there and the only wany to really tell is to take the kit off.  It wither has a 309 Goodwood interior fitted or has had a rear headrest conversion (not too hard to do)

The wheels are 7x15 Intras which was a Gutmann option.  They usually have a diamond cut rim and face, but as you can see, the lacquer has gone and they are scabby.  It costs quite a bit to refurbish this to the original standard.  I suspect they may have been done once already as the spokes are usually diamond cut as well.

Then it all depends on the engine.  I am assuming it is a 1.9.  Gutmann did many different engine bits for these from a cam to a turbo to an i16v conversion with the battery in the boot.

What's the story behind it?

Gohn

haven't a clue

henry's correct, I had no idea what a gutmann was til you asked

nice little car though

any more detail on what's in and on it ? good luck

j_turnell

Quite a rare car, looks to be an original swap. Do you have any more info on it? Any more pics? What engine is in it? Difficult to price as not many people know about them as Henry mentioned.