• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tony robinson

Best Exhaust system for 1-9 standard 205 gti please?

Tony robinson

Hello everyone 

Need some advice please I've got a standard 1.9 205 Gti and it desperately needs a new exhaust (we had to fill it full of gum to get through the mot!)

Its got a 3" Peco back box which is ok nick but not sure it really suits the car (think its the same one i had on my Cti back in 1995) loved it then :o

Anyway so some people are saying to get a custom stainless steel system made and others not 

ANY ADVICE would be really really appreciated!!! 

On another note is anyone heading up to the Norfolk classic car show in may this year (fingers crossed its on) 

DamirGTI

Standard (more quiet) or sporty (noisy !) ?

I've passed my years of experimenting with sporty exhaust systems , so can recommend some of the standard OE equivalent :

- Walker

- Bosal

- MTS

- OE (if you can still find some...)

Wakler was good/decent back then but nowadays seems harder to find , not sure if they still make any for the 205 .

Bosal , from my personal experience a bit hit and miss , kinda more loud that the Walker .. and silencers seemed to degrade/rust quicker .

MTS , very good price and looks/seems well made both the pipework and the silencers , good quality welds too ... bought complete system last year for my daily 205 and no complains , fits well , sounds good .

Center silencers are always straight trough absorption glass packed , but the rear ones are different .. early sleeve fit rears are absorption (straight trough glass packed) , but the later olive fit are reflection type .

D

• Thanks 1

Tony robinson

Thank you very much Damir :)