• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rickygolf83

Bought my old Sorrento 1.6 back after 8 owners and 15 years...

rickygolf83

As title suggests, i found my old 1.6 Sorrento Green 205 listed on ebay a couple of weeks ago...  i had kept an eye out for this car as i believed it to be still in central Scotland, even the odd wanted add on gumtree...  8 owners and 15 years later I saw it on Ebay after i clicked on the 205 gti search alert i had been ignoring for ages, possibly a big mistake on my part lol .. 

I owned it from summer 04 to summer 06.. sold it to a mate when the engine was smoking badly and he moved it on a few months later. Car was 100% oem when it was sold, bar 90 spec rear lights fitted. 

Turns out it was 300 miles away and a rolling shell... I was gutted to see it in such a nick, but my best mate said buy it so a plan was hatched to get it back... won the auction and now have the fairly big mess to put it right.

Car came on its own, and a van full of parts to rebuild it.. an mi6 engine that was supposedly running in the car when seller got it (i doubt this given the parts in the haul) and with having pretty comprehensive knowledge of 80s/90s vag and Ford between my mate and I, a steep learning curve is now on to figure out how to rebuild this car... 

Only job i did on this car was fit a radiator when I owned it lol 

Will get some pics up later today hopefully.  Does anyone know of the car? Reg is G110 VGE.  A local car from new, last two owners before it left Scotland were in Forth Valley area and i found it in Leicester. 

• Like 3

Bogsye

Good effort - Sounds like a bit of a challenge. Will be great to see the pictures when you get a chance.

Cheers,

Brian

calvinhorse

Excellent! This sounds like a great project, get some photos up! 

rickygolf83

Thanks guys! Here are some pics of the car as spotted on the Ebay add. In my opinion i couldn't have found it in a worse condition, stripped bare with no engine. But my friend said no, at least can see the shell as it is,  worry about the running gear later!

118712604-3563038423707165-8484433567350

20210121-132110.jpg

20210121-132358.jpg

20210121-132444.jpg

received-774020073214095.jpg

rickygolf83

Found a couple of pics when i owned it, there are more somewhere. I reckon these to be April/May 05 as I got that Civic in the March, and Pug has lost its offside door red stripe. 

20210218-151456.jpg

20210218-151317.jpg

Edited by rickygolf83

Henry Yorke

Ahh it is that one. I know of the seller as I recognise the white 405 in the background. I don’t think he did anything with it but was downsizing his Peugeot collection. 
Quite a project that one but will be nice when completed. 

rickygolf83

Thats it, i haven't seen one 405 let alone two in an afternoon for at least a decade lol

Part of me wishes i hadn't spotted it, i had dreaded finding it complete as a straight car and being priced out of the running, maybe that would have been a good thing lol

I currently own a mk2 Golf Gti 16v, mk2 2.0 8v, mk3 Vr6, 1986 Vauxhall Nova Antibes, mk4 Gti 1.8t and a mk4 gt tdi 130... i really didnt need or want another car but i've made my bed, now I need to lie in it lol

Some pics of car taken on arrival, the van load and the 205 back home 

20210203-153942.jpg

20210203-155743.jpg

20210203-170403.jpg

IMG-20210219-135517-502.jpg

rickygolf83

There was a cover with the car and I have left additional clips and bunjee cords but driver didnt use them, I was quite raging at the time, but surprisingly not a lot of damp inside or grit/grime from the journey... sound deadening taken out immediately though...

20210209-162937.jpg

20210209-164536.jpg

Bogsye

Looks like a good challenge you've got there. Ultimatley a nice colour too, which is great.

At the rate I'm moving on mine, you'll be on the road before me! lol

Nice collection you have there. One of my mates had a grey Nova Antibes, back in the day, complete with it's regulation ICE install. Can't be many of those left now!!

Brian

rickygolf83

My mum had a grey Antibes in the early 90s, and when a regatta blue one popped up on ebay I had to have it lol 

Thread for it on Retrorides;

https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/209176/1986-vauxhall-nova-antibes

Some form of Mi16 engine came with the car, seems to be a later cast iron block version which i am not overly happy about but went in virtually blind when buying it.  Would carbs be the most viable option to get the engine running?