Hello everyone, first post on here, so I hope that I am not breaking any rules.    I have bought a 1987 1.9 which has sat for around 10 years as a project car. Jokes on me - I have very little experience with cars, so I'll have to do a lot of learning by doing (which is why I am doing this - and because the 205 is awesome!).    The car did start up fine(ish) when I picked it up - the seller started her up to drive her on the trailer. The seller reported that it might have a faulty fuel pump relay, though. After picking the car up I had to let her sit for a few weeks since winter got in the way and I can't use the garage.    So naturally I changed the oil, the fuel filter and put some fresh fuel in and wanted to start her - with no luck. She cranks, but no start. Symptoms: - Fuel pump relay is clicking. I do not know whether that means it is actually working, but it looks like it was replaced in the last 15 years or so. We tried to measure it through and are pretty certain that it is working, although not sure - No noise from the fuel pump when cranking the engine as far as I could hear - Fuel lines are still dry (from the fuel filter change) - Fuel pump fuse gets very little voltage   We'd like to hook up the fuel pump directly to some sort of power supply to see whether it's the culprit or not. Do you have any tips for doing so, or any other things I should check first? The weird thing is mostly that the car did not have a lot of trouble starting when I picked it up.   Also, two more questions since I was not entirely sure: When cranking the engine, will it only fill the fuel filter or also lubricate the engine? Also, is the starter motor on the sturdy side and doesn't mind some repeated cranking? Just trying to make sure I don't cause excessive wear.   Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to being a part of the forum!