• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Mado

upgrading my 205 GR 1,4 engine

Mado

Hello I'm 18 years old , I bought a pug 2051.4 this summer .. unfortunately I can't afford buying and upgrading to a new bigger engine like a 1.9 GTI

can someone help me with some ideas to gain more power please ? because my friends are making fun of my car but I really love my 205

is swapping the carburetor would be a good move ? and is there any specific carb model ?

and Thanks 

AQWX8511.JPG

Edited by Mado

calvinhorse

What year is it?

If it’s a TU then the carb and Camshaft from the xs will make a very noticeable difference

then a 4-2-1 manifold if you can find one, most people modify an aftermarket Saxo VTR manifold

the 1.1 uses a straight through centre exhaust section 

first of all I’d put some good tyres on it, and make sure the suspension is working as it should, look to upgrade the brakes to 1.6 gti callipers and 1.9 gti discs

• Like 1

Mado

any other carbs I can fit instead of the XS carburetor because it's like impossible to find any XS parts here in Syria , I can barely find spare parts for my car's engine 

On 1/24/2021 at 12:25 AM, calvinhorse said:

What year is it?

If it’s a TU then the carb and Camshaft from the xs will make a very noticeable difference

then a 4-2-1 manifold if you can find one, most people modify an aftermarket Saxo VTR manifold

the 1.1 uses a straight through centre exhaust section 

first of all I’d put some good tyres on it, and make sure the suspension is working as it should, look to upgrade the brakes to 1.6 gti callipers and 1.9 gti discs