• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BamBamGTI

Mi16 on Omex 500 no fuel

BamBamGTI

Hello all,

Haven't been around these parts for a few years due to having a family. Now during lockdown I went and got myself a winter project - 205 mi16 on Jenveys.

The car was a unfinished project but ran... Just about. It's on an Omex 500 base map and what looks like a mi16 loom with I'm guessing a couple of relays in the engine bay for the fuel pump. I'm no expert at electrical issues but I tested the relays with ignition off and am getting 12v on both. Tested back at the pump and am getting 0.4v with ignition on. The pump works - tested by applying 12v and ran like a dream.

Where next? I was going to test at the relays with ignition on... Guessing I could have a dodgy relay?

The ignition wiring and engine loom was a bit of a mess.

thumbnail_IMG_20210116_152005.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20210116_152018.jpg

BamBamGTI

It was a connector pushed out under the dash from brown loom connector to relay. Thanks for the help...

dcc

It's a diffult thing to reply to when it's all custom wiring for stuff! Good news you got it sorted

BamBamGTI

What is the process when installing an aftermarket ecu? I thought the Omex's came with a loom? Looks like they used the mi loom as there was a bunch of cut wires in the engine bay.

Tom Fenton

The is no set process, it depends who has done it and how they felt on the day. The standard 205 ECU loom incorporates a lot of the sensor wiring for the instruments, so its necessary to re use or re wire this when converting.

dcc

Cheap and cheerful is to cut and splice. Often leads to headaches like this though :)