• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Danez

Any recommendations for a 306 xud rad?

Danez

Oreyt,

Me '97 1.9 DT XUD 306 needs a new radiator. it's got damaged somehow and is leaking. 

I've been trying to find a new one but I've heard bad things about these reproductions from nissen, thermotech etc. 
Apparently the OEM one was a ordonez one. I also need to get one with a drain tap as the cheap one fitted to mine just has a blank instead! 

Anyone know where I could find a ordonez one or can recommend a decent replacement? 
Just don't want to fit a cheaply made chinese rad for it to fail again. 

Part no. is 1301KG if that helps.

cheers

dcc

i had a fairly bespoke radiator on my chevy suburban which sprang a leak (£260+shipping from the states + however long the wait was) - local rad repair firm fixed it the same day for £80 with 2 year guarantee 

• Like 1

Danez
1 minute ago, dcc said:

i had a fairly bespoke radiator on my chevy suburban which sprang a leak (£260+shipping from the states + however long the wait was) - local rad repair firm fixed it the same day for £80 with 2 year guarantee 

good idea but the one fitted to mine is a cheapo one by the looks of it, no drain tap, just a blank and seems fairly new. So want to get a proper one

bacardincoke

Was in a similar position last year - The Ordonez site has an online catalogue, if you dig down to the Peugeot part number you've quoted it will also give the Ordonez number - If I've read it right, in your case that will be 1020851809 for 1301KG, but check for yourself, there seems to be quite a few 306's types listed.

I was better able to track down a genuine radiator using the Ordonez number than the Peugeot one.

Ordonez

1301KG - 1020851809

Danez
13 hours ago, bacardincoke said:

Was in a similar position last year - The Ordonez site has an online catalogue, if you dig down to the Peugeot part number you've quoted it will also give the Ordonez number - If I've read it right, in your case that will be 1020851809 for 1301KG, but check for yourself, there seems to be quite a few 306's types listed.

I was better able to track down a genuine radiator using the Ordonez number than the Peugeot one.

Ordonez

1301KG - 1020851809

ah yeah i contacted ordonez and they provided that number, but still cant find a single one with google/ebay. 
Apparently they sell to nissen, NRF and AVA? 
Thanks for the advice anyway, i'll continue my search 

bacardincoke

It's possible Valeo 231176 (superceded by 731176) is an equivalent, go to the OE / Linked Vehicle tabs -

Valeo catalogue

if so there's a NOS one on eBay at the moment -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Valeo-Engine-Coolant-Radiator-fits-Peugeot-106-306-1-4-1-9-1991-2003-231176-NEW/264719945123

It may even be an Ordonez, it's possible they were a  supplier as mine came in Valeo packaging.

bacardincoke

If it's what you're after 'Watchcount' shows it's been listed since May 2020 - Seller could be open to a cheeky offer!

Danez
4 minutes ago, bacardincoke said:

It's possible Valeo 231176 (superceded by 731176) is an equivalent, go to the OE / Linked Vehicle tabs -

Valeo catalogue

if so there's a NOS one on eBay at the moment -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Valeo-Engine-Coolant-Radiator-fits-Peugeot-106-306-1-4-1-9-1991-2003-231176-NEW/264719945123

It may even be an Ordonez, it's possible they were a  supplier as mine came in Valeo packaging.

ah brilliant, looks like it has the elusive drain tap too! 

cheers, I'll get it bought