• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Reebmit

3J DRIVELINE NXG BE PLATE LSD DIFF

Reebmit

Hi Guys, looking at plate diff in the new year. This is for the stripped out track car, 205 with ally Mi, 1900 box, circa 200+ hp...coil overs, cage etc.... I want to go for 3j so was wondering any experience on settings, ramp angles preload etc.... car is driven to tracks but driven hard when there... any feedback appreciated.

Reebmit

Can one of the mods please delete one of these threads, managed to submit twice as system said there was an error and couldn’t post but when I refreshed both threads had started, thanks

petert

I've got a Tranx, similar to a 3J. It's wound up pretty tight for circuit racing and thus clunks and groans around the pits. Here are the suggested settings from the 3J website.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 9.38.31 pm.png

Reebmit

Hi Peter, many thanks for that, have seen those but appreciated, didn’t know if anyone had any further experience or whether above is pretty accurate, I suppose a lot with 205’s depends on driving style etc... I reckon regular track day would be a good starting point.... cheers

Spesh

I fitted a 3J last year and its set to 40/90 with 45 preload.  Unfortunatly due to corona nonsense it never saw the track but on some (private) B road shennagins it was plenty tight enough and not too clunky slow speed.  Sorry I can't tell you more!

Reebmit

Hi Mark, perfect thanks, funny that, got one in the end with exactly the same settings..lol.....so  fingers crossed... also been buying other things, got a lightened flywheel at last and a new satchshift coming.... :-)

stef205

Mine was originally 30/90 but never got on with it, I've now got one of their new ramps in 30/60 totally transformed it, personal preference tho.

• Like 1

Reebmit

Thanks Stefan, will see how I get on with mine... hopefully leagues ahead of no LSD lol...