• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Where's the best place to sell spares nowadays?

Stu

Hi all,

I'm in the unfortunate situation where my rented garage is being demolished for 'affordable housing' so i'll be having to pack up a garage full of spares to sell, with the car to follow in the new year.

So to that end, where is the best place to sell bits nowadays? On here? Any other forums? Ebay?

jord294

Perhaps sell the car and spares as job lot?

Fb pages and ebay are probably best option 

Stu

I considered this, and to be honest i might try that first and put the feelers out, just wasnt sure if anyone would want the agro of taking the car and a van load of stuff as part of the deal, it'll certainly help me if they would!

dale205mills

Since all this covid started and being made redundant, I have been going threw my spaces selling stuff off and I just put it all on ebay with a price below what other people and sold it on there and brought in a few thousand doing that and put the money into my white 205, I did look at the pages on facebook but there seems like a lot of dreamers on them ho leave stupid comments or say I will have it and go quiet. I did have problems with selling a set of cti doors on ebay where people in germany and ireland asking me to sort out postage but most of the other stuff went to people like are selfs and other bits went to people in it for a quick buck but to me I was happy as it was out of my way and I still got enough spares to keep my fleet running for years to come. Mite help to write up a list of some of there hard to find bits and put it up on here, I ended up selling my phase 1 dash parts to matt day and other bits to different people I have met over the years

dale

jord294
1 hour ago, Stu said:

I considered this, and to be honest i might try that first and put the feelers out, just wasnt sure if anyone would want the agro of taking the car and a van load of stuff as part of the deal, it'll certainly help me if they would!

Depends on price and location as I could possibly be interested 

Callum

Plenty of facebook groups however be prepared for timewasters more likely to have genuine people on here on that note I am after a genuine front bumper if you have one 

Edited by Callum

KevinMcNally

Hi, 

I bought a 205 Cti 1988 1.6 a month or so ago as a mild project and am finding the hard way that some parts are unavailable new.

I am looking for the trim piece that goes on the top exterior of both doors and door window seals. Can you help?

regards,

kevin