• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ruben

Converting ECU 205 GTI 1.6 to Omex 600

Ruben

Hi everyone! Im new in this forum , and im having lots of issues with my 205 1.6 GTI.... The car started to missfire and hoping in the middle revs , then it would just shut off and it was quite hard to start it again... Now the car doesnt start and i noticed that no signal is being delievered to the injectors, i had allready follow all the steps that i have seen in some posts here and i lost tons of time and money on new parts, i checked all the wiring and all seems ok and the original ecu as well , the car just keeps on missfiring and hoping all the time... Im thinking about changing the fuel and ignition system to a all new and more recent system such as the Omex system! In the future i also would like to fit a pipercams camshaft and i think that the Omex system is a better help in terms of setups! I want to keep the stock admission inlet , basically i only want to change the basic, the distributor will come off and will be replaced for a eletronic distributorless coil and the AFM replaced for a MAP sensor with all this also comes the wiring wich is also being replaced for the wiring that comes with the Omex Ecu ! I need some advice in what better websites to watch and what things to consider having a better look! 

Best Regards!

Ruben Figueira 

Edited by Ruben

petert

Find an old AFM, strip out the flap so it keeps that oem look. Depending on the ECU, you can also keep the oem temp sensor in the AFM.

• Thanks 1

Ruben
5 hours ago, petert said:

Find an old AFM, strip out the flap so it keeps that oem look. Depending on the ECU, you can also keep the oem temp sensor in the AFM.

Seems a good idea! What about the connection of it? The plug that connects in it remains the same , and the pins also?

petert

Ideally you’d buy a new plug. I’m not sure of the pin outs for the temp sender.

welshpug

pinouts are in the haynes manual, you'll figure the function in the diagnostic section

Ruben

About the coil , im thinking about using a wasted spark coil! But in order to fit it in ill need to find a correct mounting to fit it in my engine! Does anyone elwse knows where i can find it?

welshpug

off a late spi or mpi xu engine

Ruben
4 hours ago, welshpug said:

off a late spi or mpi xu engine

I have found some in the internet but they dont sell that specific part only... and its not reliable to buy an all engine just for that part. Do you know any place or someone who might have only this specific part?

Best Regards!

Ruben Figueira

Telf

My build thread shows pretty much what you're talking about apart from i used an Emerald ecu

• Thanks 1

Ruben

Sure! How can i see it?

Ruben
On 12/18/2020 at 10:26 PM, Telf said:

My build thread shows pretty much what you're talking about apart from i used an Emerald ecu

Can you provide me the link of it ,please?

Telf

Engine build is 8v rebuild in the 8v engine forum. Car build is rust rust and more rust

• Like 1