• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Phase 1.5 ignition amp location

Gavin Waddell

Kind of following from my other thread of car won’t start, I’m rewiring the loom in the car to get rid of bad wiring and Krusty connections. In my youth I had messed about with the engine loom and now want to route it in the original position. I have found a few pics and I can see it coming over the cam cover but I can’t find a picture of where the heat sink plate for the ignition amp goes. Does any one have a few pics of q stripped engine bay with it still in place.

thanks Gavin 

welshpug

behind the battery there is a bracket on the side of the strut tower, both coil and ignition amplifier are bolted to the plate here, usually will be an earth in the loom bolted to the plate also.

Gavin Waddell

Even on phase 1.5? I say this because the coil is on the inlet manifold?  And when plug everything in the loom is to short it doesn’t have any slack in it. I saw a few photos of engine bays of where you can see the loom conduit coming in over the the top timing belt cover. Meaning the ing amp would be in the vicinity of the fuel filter, which seems odd as there is not a whole or of space in that area.

welshpug

sounds like a particularly late phase 1.5 car in that case, which would indeed have the amplifier near the fuel filter instead, the aluminium heatsink is not much larger than the amplifier itself so doesnt need much space.