• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Rik

Full restoration but how much is it worth?

Rik

Not been on here for a while, years in fact. Recently had my 1991 1.6 GTi fully restored and full re spray. Rebuilt pretty much everything apart from the engine as it didn’t really need it. The car is like new and I need to take more pics but generally al suspension has been re built and powder coated and underbody sprayed along with engine bay. Engine and gearbox has been coated and most ancillaries re conditioned or new. 

car sits at 93,000 miles is never want to sell it but how much do these sorts of thing fetch nowadays?

E306640D-8E68-4521-A991-6486E33884E4.png

dcc

"How long is a piece of string?"

You'll do well to find somebody wanting what you've got, that exact spec, then for them to have the money to buy it - so to me it's worth 5k, to the person wanting it, it would be worth 15k, but with nobody to compete against when buying it may mean they only have to shell out 5k...

If this is for insurance purposes then you'd insure it for what it would cost you to replace. You've got a fairly good idea of what your rebuild cost, factor on top 2-3k for the base car and you'll have your value.

• Like 1

Telf

Very difficult to value. For me I'd say maybe 5 to 7k.

As Dan says its finding a buyer.  Mines insured for £12k, cost a lot more to actually rebuild. 265000 miles but looks new, everything is new including a full engine build.

If i sold it I'd want £12k . So i'll probably never sell it LoL. 

I'm not sure mileage matters that much on 30 year old motors- dunno really, mine says 265000 but really its done 4000 since build - i like the original clocks though:D

Rik

Thanks guys appreciate the responses. Like you both say I’d never want to sell it anyways