• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Boycey

Ecu unlocking

Boycey

Hi Gents,

I am new to the forum and looking for some help.

I currently have big ambitions to put a dimma kit and v6 engine in my Gti.

Does anyone know where I can get the ecu unlocked?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Boycey

Hi again,

Anybody got any ideas on this please?

Just in case you are offended at me putting a V6 in a perfectly good GTI then I can assure you it is not. I bought it as a shell with rotten arches and no interior. I fully intend to save her and get her back on the road, albeit in a radically different format than Peugeot intended.

Anybody that can help me with the unlocking?

Thijs_Rallye

What ECU? Did the donor have a CAN bus? Lot's of unknown variables here.

Boycey

Sorry should have said. It is earlier D8 without can bus. Bosch 0261 204 407.

Thijs_Rallye

Do you have the original key /coil / keypad (if applicable) ? If it is similar to the marelli management you can start the car, unplug the coil / keypad and it _should_ remain off.   --> apparantly not after some googling.

Otherwise you will have to read the 24c02 eeprom on the ECU board and find someone to calculate the immo off solution and flash that to the eeprom. (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/258628-MP7-0-0-261-204-407-IMMO-OFF-HELP)

I've done it for my daily VW once, but I do not know if the calculation are comparable and could potentially result in permanently bricking the ECU. Otherwise find a reputable chiptuning company and have them do it.

Edited by Thijs_Rallye

StuF215

I did not have to get my ECU unlocked, I heard all you had to do was disconnect the D8 V6 ECU with the engine running and it unlocks it. It seem to work with me twice and have never had any trouble with locked D8 ECUs. I will have a spare one around somewhere that I can check to see if its unlocked and you can have it for £30 delivered.

Thanks