• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Omex management on standard injection

I'm looking to use a standard 1600 8v GTI ive got as a daily and it previously had a 16v in it on throttle bodies using omex 600

is is possible to run this ecu with a crank sensor and 02 probe? just because its got to be better than Jetronic for drivability and reliability?

Engine and gearbox are out so wouldn't be too hard to get a new flywheel on there and perhaps a 3x piece 205 downpipe from a Motronic car?

Would i need anything else

Any advice appreciated :-) 

IMG_5280.JPG

IMG_5279.JPG

Andy

Hmm. I have never put an aftermarket ECU on an otherwise standard engine, but your Omex will require a crank signal, both air and water temp signals and a load signal, either from a TPS of from a MAP sensor. Fitting a TPS onto the standard throttle body in place of the throttle switch is possible but not trivial. The downside of all this is that you are running distributor ignition, so your  lovely Omex is only controlling fuelling, so going to a coilpack and wasted spark would not be a huge extra cost but give significant benefit . I am pretty sure that Telf on this forum has done something similar but with an Emerald , so a PM to him would be very useful to you . 

ah forgot avoid the dizzy - so a coil pack setup and TPS/MAP sensor also needed - could i drill and tap the existing manifold and perhaps get a 306 Coilpack setup then 

welshpug

zx volcane 1.9 plug leads and any of the xu 8v coils, mp3.1 tps.

omex wont need a map sensor, cheap magnex copy 4 branch with a lambda boss welded on, can't think of anything else not already mentioned.

Ok does the lambda need to be in the manifold or can it go on the downpipes? - id prefer to put a standard manifold on it 

allanallen

You don’t necessarily need a lambda at all if it’s mapped open loop. 

ok that sounds even better....so TPS, Flywheel and coil packs 

petert

Being a standard engine, it's always going to be better if fuel is mapped via MAP rather than TPS. It's a far more accurate method of measuring engine load. Do it right.

Ok makes sense to do it closed loop since ill be using it on the road so really only interested in it being drivable as opposed to making power