• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dawning

Indicator and side light problems

dawning

I've been putting my 205 back together and I can't get the indicators or side lights to work. The left hand front indicators work, but on the dashboard it lights up the left and right turn signal. Right hand side doesn't work at all. Headlights work but only the main beam light on the dashboard comes on. Spent all day yesterday trying to work it out if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks 

Tom Fenton

99 times out of 100 your problem is the wiring and earth points near to the headlamps. All that "corner" earth through the earth points on the headlamp panels. Unsealed connectors bearing the brunt of being 30 odd years old. Typically the wiring and switches etc inside the car are working as they should.

Typically the most reliable way to sort it is cut the plugs off the earth points and re terminate with ring terminals, and cut back the wiring to the small 2 pin connectors till you get to clean copper and then repair/wire through.

• Like 1

dawning

Thanks Tom! I will give your suggestion a try. I'm worried that I've connected something up wrong as I forgot to mention that the indicators don't work, when the lights are on!

dawning

Fixed, thanks Tom. Was a combination of me stupidly not connecting the earth in the tail light and the little connector that joins the indicator loom not working. Cleaned it out with some sand paper and all working! The connections didn't look too bad either.