• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ob2s

Parts Search Help

ob2s

I live in the US and when I search for parts, it has to correct because I pay nearly double, due to shipping, so it has to be right. If it isn't right, I'd end up paying double shipping to send it back, so I eat my mistake. I tried to use servicebox, but it seems there is a paywall for anything useful now.  I guess it is worth 5 euros to obtain access for an hour so I can look for OE part numbers for my car to cross reference, but I am not sure what I will find. Parts purchase sites do allow me to go down to my year model and engine, but then I am off into the weeds for no-aircon, power steering etc. It was radiator hoses and a radiator that sent me into the weeds. Is there a way to purchase an OE parts diagram ? 

Thanks

andy3251

miamitsu.co.uk 

Free site

It may work for u over there ? 

ob2s

Thanks, that works well ! Helps me determine what is unobtanium !

jackherer

Even when you know the right part number be cautious of sellers who cross reference a lot of part numbers onto one part, they are usually similar but not always identical. E.G. 32mm piston rear brake calipers are often sold as interchangeable with 30mm part numbers.

ob2s
30 minutes ago, jackherer said:

Even when you know the right part number be cautious of sellers who cross reference a lot of part numbers onto one part, they are usually similar but not always identical. E.G. 32mm piston rear brake calipers are often sold as interchangeable with 30mm part numbers.

Thanks, yes I see that in other parts too. I find the ebay 'fits your car' mechanism to be every reliable. :P

• Haha 1

ob2s

Maybe someone could help me pick the right hoses from this list ? I contacted Sasic, but they won't respond. I have a French market 89 1.9 no a/c, power steering, 5 speed (isn't Japan the only market with automatic ?). I'd like to replace any hose here that would work. I looked on the parts guide, but it wasn't exactly clear. Hoses

Also anyone have good luck with this distributor maker ?

Thanks

Gohn

had the same problems for ages

I bought an old official microfiche 205 parts catalogue

don't have a microfiche machine and wanted it all easy to use from my computer

so I spent days at a public library scanning each page one at a time to USB

part numbers, schematics, references, dimensions etc

on occasion, deep in the refurb mire I've referred to it a dozen times a day

I've contacted the forum moderators to try to upload it so all of 205-kind can access it free as many times as they like, like me

hopefully very soon a friendly (non google) upload option will be organised and I'll be able to send it all in

until then, I've attached anything that could help, the XU5M pic is not the GTi 1.9 which is XU9 but I've put it in just in case it helps

also, I still find interpreting some things difficult

the ones I scanned are from 1993 which apparently includes previous models superceded numbers etc

ScanImage276.jpg

ScanImage277.jpg

ScanImage441.jpg

ScanImage181.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

soundguy

If you can deal with the horrific user interface, skip forward to page 592 and onward to 598 for cross compatible parts/numbers for Peugeot 205 and 309:

However I strongly advise against buying a coolant tank + cap from this brand Triclo - the neck on the one I bought via ebay was slightly ovalised by a couple of mm and it was enough for the new, same brand cap not to fit properly.

There are other items on these catalogue pages which are resold by other outfits so some parts are very good quality. 

• Like 1

ob2s

I decided to go whole hog. No mis-fitment ;-)  I wanted matte black, but that would take 6 weeks of production time, so I have shiny....

capo243.jpg