• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ian010778

What's this hole for?

ian010778

Hello all,

Is the hole that is forward of the fuel tank access holes important?

The plasticy/resin bonded doobery has come unstuck on mine and I'm wondering if I can get the body shop to weld a plate over it?

Ian.

20200808_134150.thumb.jpg.d221cececa982ca3475bd7f8e815fa9b.jpg

Philpooma

The hole is used to mount the body during the manufacturing process and is now not necessary.

I believe that you can buy new plastic replacements for the original metal ones, if someone does not post up a supplier for you, I’ll find out and come back to you.

You definitely want to seal these holes up properly as they are a great ingress for water.

Atlaskrukvaxt

As the previous poster said, they are for the manufacturing process.

One of mine had come loose and the floor insulation was completely soaked as a result. I found the original one and popped it back in place with some crack sealant (sikaflex) to make it waterproof. I put a piece of plastic tarp over it and put sealant around the edge the following day to ensure it wouldn't ever leak in to the car again. 

ian010778

Thanks fellas - I reckon I'll get mine welded up as part of the bodywork then if they're not needed.

Ian.