• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Steve205

Rolling doir pins 1989 1.6

Steve205

Hi all. New to site. Just hoping someone can point me in right direction to get rolling door pins for my car. Bit of play up/down in both driver and passenger doors. Pins do mot have a distinct head on them. Any help appreciated. I am based in Ireland 15967009447648451404321946904294.thumb.jpg.07c46c1a444646e56523899b701eba98.jpg

Steve

Philpooma

You can still get the split door pins from your local Peugeot dealer.

You will need to drift the old ones out, plenty of release fluid around the pin and allow a good soaking before you attempt the job. Then make sure you protect the paintwork on the A post with plenty of masking tape or similar.

You will probably find that it takes more hammering force than you think to remove these, its an awkward job but very difficult.

PS. Dont forget to support the door with at least a jack and a block of wood.

Good luck

Tom Fenton

Try changing the pins by all

means, but usually you will find the wear is in the fixed part of the bracket that is welded to the a pillar.

Solution is increase the pin size to 8mm from 7mm and drill out both halves of the hinge to suit.

Steve205

Thanks for the information.  Appreciate it.  Might go with the 8 mm pins. Will give local Peugeot dealer a call and confuse thelife out of them. 

Thanks again. 

Steve 

Colm Lynam

Just replaced pins on front doors of my 1989 1.1 5 door hatchback. Took doors off which made tapping out old pins easier.  Used 8mmx60mm roll pins then drilled out to 8.5mm for door part of hinges and 9mm for A pillar part to allow hinge to rotate. Replaced check straps with new ones and same drilling principle as hinges.  Job turned out very good and no clicking or droopy doors anymorefullsizeoutput_22f6.thumb.jpeg.f6f3d219b5cef4b32ea777fd8c66e9f4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22f4.thumb.jpeg.0f32f7be9afa8ac94f53343b6bf8d9f3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22f6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22f2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22f8.jpeg

Tom Fenton

Good work. I've done similar a few times.

Steve205

Thanks for the previous advice lads. Went with 8 mm pins as advised by Tom Fenton. Had to replace door hinges also, as bottom one had crack. Picked up from a local who had spares. All good now. Door closing like new. Thanks again. Appreciate the help and information. 

Steve