• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

bacardincoke

Door Mirror Interior Covers...

bacardincoke

Probably like a lot of others my covers had obviously been off in the past, with the pegs having been broken in the process.

I'm only going on what I found on my car but it seems the original fixing method was a small metal gripper, inserted into each of the 3 x holes of the door frame. The cover's pegs are pushed into them and held (too) tight.

Likely great for fitting them in the factory first time around but it must put the pegs under a lot of much stress doing it over again and they snap.

Found these are a good substitute and being plastic allow re-fitting and removal without forcing anything.

peg3.jpg

peg.jpg

peg5.jpg

peg4.jpg

peg2.jpg

peg1.jpg

jord294

looks good. Where can I get to try please 

bacardincoke

I'd a box of mixed clips bought on ebay or Amazon, but there's any amount of different ones and they likely come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

I've shown a few measurement for the one I used. The gauge is a cheapy but more or less accurate.

It was only afterwards I thought you could possibly attach that ribbed push in part of the replacement peg in place of any missing pegs on your interior trim... Need to be attached pretty well though?

peg6.jpg

peg7.jpg

peg8.jpg

peg9.jpg

box.jpg