• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ashley

205 front lower wishbone HELP !

Ashley

I purchased left and right Delphi lower wishbones as the ball joints on my car were a little worn. Went to fit them tonight and guess what ? They do not fit ! The two lugs which house the bushes are 10mm too far apart ie centres wrong. Can anyone tell me of a manufacturer of replacement wishbones which actually fit and where to buy them please. Very annoyed as what should have taken a couple of hours is now a load of hassle. Sorry to moan but I am pissed off !

Thank you very much in anticipation of a positive response. 

Ashley Harrop.

Edited by Ashley

Ozymandis

Please show a picture or a simple sketch of what You mean? Its unclear from Your description of your problem.

Delphi is a reputable manufacturer.

Do You mean the distance from the centre of the car towards the ball joint/hub/outside edge is too great on the new wishbones? ie the length of the "arm" is greater ?

Type-R

I believe the OE wishbones were made by TRW so that's my preference. That said, I've never had trouble with Delphi gear either.