• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DSYKES5500

Braided hoses

DSYKES5500

Are they worth the upgrade? No track use, just road. If so which should I go for?

These any good?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20200720-153725_Chrome.jpg

Tom Fenton

All I’ll say is can of worms, you’ll almost definitely end up replacing most of the solid pipes on the car and probably at least 1 rear caliper! If it ain’t broke....

Anthony
4 hours ago, DSYKES5500 said:

Are they worth the upgrade? No track use, just road. If so which should I go for?

Personally, I'm not convinced of the benefits of braided hoses over standard rubber ones on a road car, but I guess it depends in part if you need to replace the brake hoses anyway because they're perished or whatever.  If you do, it might be worth paying the extra for braided - I've no experience of the Tarox ones in particular though.

Echoing what Tom said though - replacing brake hoses is one of those jobs that should be easy on paper, but often turns into a right pain.

Ozymandis

If Your not having to replace them for safety reasons, and live in Britain, leave well alone is my advice, it often leads to removing fuel tanks to replace pipes and other such nonsense.

All well and good if Your a properly equipped type of bod, or Your brake systems all 5 mins old.

If I was doing em any way i cant see any reason not to replace with swanky shiny ones of some variety.

Apart from non standard insurance claim quibbling type of bulls*it.

Type-R

I quite like the black HEL ones as they look closest to original rubber.

Fallowsnz

I fitted a set of these a year or so ago they've been all good, thankfully no problems at all. Reckon the brakes feel a bit better with them. I needed to replace the front ones and the rear beam needed doing so thought i'd just do the whole set. Never realised they could cause failures in the weakest part of the system but makes total sense to me. Was thinking of getting a set for my xs but maybe best to just leave them alone..

PEUGEOT-205-1-9-GTI-STAINLESS-STEEL-BRAIDED-BRAKE-LINES-HOSES-PIPES-KIT-OM

DSYKES5500

Thanks everyone. I'll take the majority of opinions and leave well alone. Like Tom said if it ain't broke... Coming from an IT background I know this ALL too well :D

petert

The biggest improvement I've noticed was upgrading the front hoses to braided on my 306. The longer the hose, the better the improvement.