• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Philpooma

Fuel tank support strap bracket

Philpooma

Please don't shoot me down if I’m posting something well known to all. I was fitting the fuel tank support strap on my Gti today, this car had an additional support that previous cars have not had. It bolts onto the rear bulkhead and stops the tank support strap rattling against the ring on the rear axle.

Maybe the other cars I have had, have had this removed and not replaced.

412E30F6-5DB1-4A2F-8EF3-0EF2D569DBAB.jpeg

695A66B3-1FB4-4E12-B835-52AE8ED892BB.jpeg

2C20FC4D-913C-4050-A863-BA108A6EE90D.jpeg

miamigtimark

I’ve had 5x 205 GTIs now and I’ve only found it  Still in place on one of them. 

Philpooma
19 minutes ago, miamigtimark said:

I’ve had 5x 205 GTIs now and I’ve only found it  Still in place on one of them. 

Supports what I have seen too. Its strange really as without this bracket, its possible to get an annoying rattle from the support bracket 

davemar

I'm glad you posted this, as I've got some bits left over from my recon and was going to leave off the fuel tank support strap as my rear beam clamp was knackered. The part in your second photo has been sitting in my pile looking mysterious as I couldn't remember what it was for. Now I've seen it, I know I don't need to bother refitting it as I haven't got the strap in-place.

Philpooma
7 hours ago, davemar said:

I'm glad you posted this, as I've got some bits left over from my recon and was going to leave off the fuel tank support strap as my rear beam clamp was knackered. The part in your second photo has been sitting in my pile looking mysterious as I couldn't remember what it was for. Now I've seen it, I know I don't need to bother refitting it as I haven't got the strap in-place.

I’m pleased that this post was useful to someone Dave. Just don't throw that bracket away, you never know I may message you when I start my Rallye project. Not sure if that has this bracket on or not ;)

Philpooma
1 hour ago, Tom Fenton said:

I make these if anyone needs one

http://205gti-nfp.co.uk/?page_id=121

Some handy products on this site Tom, I hadn't come across this before. Is this you?

Tom Fenton

Yes it’s my website.