• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

nlanks

205 CTi Seats Stuck In Rear Position

nlanks

Hi, first post here, just picked up an 87 CTi 1.6 Phase 1 last week.

Unfortunately the drivers seat has got stuck in the most rearwards position - I can no longer move the bar at all and consequently the seat won't slide.

This means a) I can hardly reach the pedals and b) I can't get the seats out to repair / replace the mounting frame, and then in turn to replace the carpet.

Is there another way of getting the seat off the runners without unbolting the whole seat from the car? And then take the runners out?

Assuming I then need a new seat mounting frame, will any of the GTi/CTi frames fit? The seats are the black half leather ones with red and black stitch fabric in the middle

Thanks

jackherer

The front seats in a CTI are the same as those in a fixed roof 205, it's only the rears that are different so any 3 door tilting frame will work.

I think you can remove the seat from the frame in situ if you tilt it all the way forward first but the access is awful so you need suitable torx tools. And if you can get the seat off of the frame you'll be able to defeat the catches with screwdrivers or something then move it backwards and forwards to access the bolts.

• Thanks 1

nlanks

Thank you, I'll give that a go, and good to know any will fit if it needs replacing