• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Connor

205 GT Sender Unit

Connor

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. My car has a massive fuel leak coming from what had been advised by a garage to be the fuel sender unit who couldn't get the part due to lockdown. I'm struggling to find the correct replacement part though. It seems to be the part through which the fuel actually comes, rather than the part that measures the tank level, which is all I seem to be able to get online. Does anyone know the correct name for this component? And have any tips for replacing it, I'm a bit nervous about doing it.

Thanks,

Connor

Ozymandis

Post a picture of the part you mean, (accessible under the back seat).

Tom Fenton

I suspect it is the part circled. Not sure you will find one anywhere other than possibly a Peugeot main dealer, or second hand.

205 tank.JPG

welshpug

Doubt you will need to replace the part itself  unless the gauge is faulty, replace the seal.

Ozymandis
53 minutes ago, welshpug said:

Doubt you will need to replace the part itself  unless the gauge is faulty, replace the seal.

This.

Dont be nervous its very easy.

Take off the pipes.

Get a punch/drift and tap the plastic lock-ring anti clockwise to remove,

lift it out and check the large rubber ring seal between it and the tank,most likely to be that if its not one of the pipes.

I have had one leak because it wasn't tight enough, simple tap round to tighten was all it needed.

Connor

Thanks, everyone! After getting under the car it turns out it was in fact just a leaking fuel line. There is still a slight smell of fuel on start up, but it no longer makes cars behind leave a massive gap as I'm driving along!