• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ian010778

Brake pipe union bolts

ian010778

Morning all,

Does anyone know if the brake pipe union bolts are all the same size/type on the standard 1.6 piping with Bendix up front and Girling at the rear please?

I reckon I need a load of these https://www.autodoc.co.uk/ate/193196 but just wanted to check here, just in case there's one or two outliers that I've missed.

Cheers

Ian.

Philpooma
19 minutes ago, ian010778 said:

Morning all,

Does anyone know if the brake pipe union bolts are all the same size/type on the standard 1.6 piping with Bendix up front and Girling at the rear please?

I reckon I need a load of these https://www.autodoc.co.uk/ate/193196 but just wanted to check here, just in case there's one or two outliers that I've missed.

Cheers

Ian.

Hi Ian, I have just replaced the full brake pipe system on a 1.6 Gti and can confirm that all the fittings are the same throughout the system. I think that the fittings used are m10.

The only area that may catch you out are the rear flexi brake pipes. The near side pipe has a male and female connection as opposed to the Male/Male on the offside. I just purchased an adaptor which solved the issue. If you are not aware of this it will stop you finishing the job.

good luck 

• Thanks 1

ian010778
1 minute ago, Philpooma said:

Hi Ian, I have just replaced the full brake pipe system on a 1.6 Gti and can confirm that all the fittings are the same throughout the system. I think that the fittings used are m10.

The only area that may catch you out are the rear flexi brake pipes. The near side pipe has a male and female connection as opposed to the Male/Male on the offside. I just purchased an adaptor which solved the issue. If you are not aware of this it will stop you finishing the job.

good luck 

Cheers Phil - good shout on the rear pipe too - thanks.

Ian.

Philpooma

No problem, i have added two images, one shows the adaptor where it come out of the brake distribution unit, the other is the offside, with jo adaptor needed. You would think that parts listed for the job would have the correct connection, but I have ordered these twice now and its been the same each time.

BAC4CE34-E855-4F65-A90C-1CFE038CFD5C.jpeg

02B1D221-6A42-45EF-A8B9-F71702B1212F.jpeg

welshpug

no need for an adapter, just buy the right hose

Tom Fenton

Agreed

The nsr hose on a 1.6 is different, just buy the right one. The osf is common to other models.

ian010778

Why is my stuff never simple :rolleyes:

The two I see listed at AutoDoc are:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/trw/2205582

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/trw/2206139

These are based on the OE part numbers from when I could get into ServiceBox (4806 53 and 4806 32). The second shows a male and female connector rather than two females. It is the shorter of the two so I could just order two of the longer ones.

Ian.

pug_ham

The nearside rear hose on the 1.6 GTI is of the female - male ends.

260mm long sounds about right, the orginal hose part # 4806.32 is only 230mm long looking on service box.

g

farmer

Its NFP at a dealer but still online 

pug_ham

Last time I found them was from my local Motaquip part# VBH1042 & it was about £5 iirc. 

Same length as the oe Peugeot item too.

g

SootySport

You can buy the hoses from any motor factors, my local shop ordered them in the same day, cheaper than anywhere on line and are TMD friction made. Had the hard pipes made as well by our local motor factor, the whole lot for£38.

pug_ham
14 hours ago, SootySport said:

You can buy the hoses from any motor factors, my local shop ordered them in the same day, cheaper than anywhere on line and are TMD friction made. Had the hard pipes made as well by our local motor factor, the whole lot for£38.

I had trouble finding the correct hose for the nearside 1.6 GTI had to make do with an adapter & offside hose to get the car on the road for a PSCUK Lakes weekend tour a few years ago but swapped for the correct hose once I'd found one.

g