• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozymandis

XUD injector shroud supply source

Ozymandis

Doe anybody know where I can still get the steel fire sealing shrouds that go under the injectors?

Not the corrugated steel fire seal washers, the top hat shrouds inset in the head casting, all my  old haunts no longer keep them.

An FAI brand crappy headset has come back to haunt me, it was all I could get locally on the day in question, approx a year ago. The rubbish fire seals have burned away, the shrouds and the injector tip housings are now flame eroded so new injector tips and shrouds needed.

Tom Fenton

You could try Firth Diesels in Rotherham. They have done Xud injectors for me before, although some years ago.

welshpug

not exactly sure of the part you mean, is it the prechamber that is pressed into the head?

Ozymandis

Thanks tom,will give Firth`s a ring .

Welsh, no not the prechamber, they have a top hat shaped insert  at the bottom of the injector hole, its what the tip washer and the body copper washer tighten down on to, its to keep the injector out of direct fire in the pre chamber.

part No 1982 04

(I know its a DW8 diagram) but it shows the part in cross section that the tip washer No 9, tightens on to its a removeable insert.

image.png.2f1228ca2db6690653ab0acc09f967af.pngimage.thumb.png.be802703c7d87557a87034829ca46db2.png

image.png.2221e138dfa2b631ad7e77c6fd0e7d47.png

welshpug

ah I see! 

never knew they were an insert, always thought it was straight into the head! the DW8 is so close to the XUD, is the part the same?

Ozymandis

The DW8 0ne is a bit differently shaped, the through hole a tapered/countersunky , whereas the XUD ones are a straight hole.

Usually they dont need owt but a clean, but if its been running too advanced they can burn away a bit and you end up with a leakage path that fills the threads with carbon and causes leaks, and the tops of the pistons go a lovely blue colour but dont quite melt.

Edited by Ozymandis

pug_ham

I think I had a few left when I swapped my old STDT from Lucas to Bosch, I'll have a look where I think they might be when I get up to the cars again, how many do you need?

g

• Like 1

xstian

I got some of these in my lock up, if you are interested.

• Like 1

Ozymandis
6 hours ago, pug_ham said:

I think I had a few left when I swapped my old STDT from Lucas to Bosch, I'll have a look where I think they might be when I get up to the cars again, how many do you need?

g

I managed to get 3,  if You have 1 that would be great, a further 4 as a spare set if You have them please?

3 hours ago, xstian said:

I got some of these in my lock up, if you are interested.

Indeed i am please, as per above i will wait on Graham checking on his stash and get back to your good self if necessary.

Thank You both for replying

pug_ham
1 hour ago, Ozymandis said:

I managed to get 3,  if You have 1 that would be great

I  managed to get a quick 10 minutes at the cars today & had a look where I thought this might be but it wasn't there.

You might be in luck, should I ever find it, as now I've thought about it more I think I only had one left over anyway but when i find any, I'll be in touch soon as I can.

g

pug_ham

Just had a quick search online & apparently Dean Hunter @ Peugeotparts has some in stock on his last stock list dated Nov 2019;

198204      INSERT                                    6

There's also a listed on everyone's favorite auction site with four available but at a silly price imo!

g

pug_ham

Out of boredom, I just checked through service box & even thought they still show as available (not currently listed as NFP) they are almost double the price of the ebay listing I found earlier @ ~£22 each!

Shocked, but then thinking of the prices for the valve shims last time I needed some, hardly surprising.

g