• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Arthur

Brake boosters servo’s

welshpug

4 line systems are diagonally split, so the rear pair go to one front one rear, front pair go to the opposing corners.

1.6 was the only 205 with a front-rear split single line to the rear with single brake compensator.

• Like 1

Gohn

the list of brake piping diagrams can be found here so you can scroll if the pic posted is wrong model:

https://catalogs.ssg.asia/peugeot/?lang=en#c3Q9PTcwfHxzdHM9PXsiMTAiOiJNb2RlbCIsIjIwIjoiMjA1IEZyb20gTW9kIDE5OTEiLCI0MCI6IkJvZHk6IHdpdGhvdXQgcGFyYW1ldGVycyBcLyBFbmdpbmUgOiB3aXRob3V0IHBhcmFtZXRlcnMiLCI1MCI6Im1lY2hhbmljYWwiLCI3MCI6InBpcGVzIn18fGNvZGU9PTFQMjV8fGJvZHk9PXx8ZW5naW5lPT18fGNhdF9pZD09RkNUMDAwMXx8c3ViR3JwX2lkPT1GQ1QwMDQy

otherwise the 1.9GTi is shown

LeftFront brake to LF master cylinder hole

LeftRear brake to LR master cylinder hole

RightFront brake to RR "

RightRear brake to RF "

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 1.12.37 PM.png

• Like 1

joris_andriesse

Thanks all.
Today the brake lines are connected, went on a brake tester and braking power and balance are perfect. Only thing is that I think/feel there is a bit more pedal 'airtime' (no clue how it's called in English) before braking is there. Can I adjust pedal/servo to get it more 'tight'?

welshpug

its certainly possible on the original 205 servo, unsure about any replacement.

the rod can be adjusted on the mc side to reduce free play, you may find setting data in the Haynes manual, dont go too tight or the brakes will bind

• Like 1

joris_andriesse

Thanks.
With going true several topics, I did find the same info. Thing is, there is all spoken about the original servo/mbc, which needs aprox a setting of 22-24mm (measured from outside servo, to the top of the rod, in my understanding). I now do have a non 205 servo and mbc, which makes me unsure about what setting it does need. I do think I can measure it by measuring how deep the MBC goes into the servo (the point where the rod connects) and compare that with the distance between servo outside and rod. First a Google search whether I can find this information in some technical documentation from TRW (supplier).