• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

gtiburge

Different head

gtiburge

I have just done my first head gasket on my Xs and later down the like I plan on running a different cam and upping the power to 120 hp ish still using the solex , I no the later tu has better valves and flow but which head is it (part number or model would help) and dose the solex mani bold up? I’m going to start collecting parts when and where I can 

boldy205

Which later TU are you referring to exactly? I presume you have the TU3S engine?

gtiburge
On 6/3/2020 at 9:13 PM, boldy205 said:

Which later TU are you referring to exactly? I presume you have the TU3S engine?

Yes I have the tu3s with the 32 34 solex and I would lien to keep the carb I think the head I’m looking for is referred to as the black top ? Same head as the Saxo VTR ? And 106 Xsi? Not sure is all the newer tu’s had that head ? 

calvinhorse

All the 1.6 heads VTR xsi 306 have injector holes cast into the head and the bolt pattern and ports are different to the tu3s

also the combustion chamber is larger so you’d lower the compression 

DamirGTI

I'm not much of a TU expert , but only time i've heard of 120Hp out of 8v TU is 1.3 Rallye head (euro rally with dcoe webers) and 1.6 iron block combination .

I've driven the above combined engine in a 205 rallye , and was asked by the owner to reverse/de-tune it back to standard 1.3 .

Pretty sure you won't get nowhere near that figure using single carb and manifold ... thus either injection or an pair of side draught carbs with the appropriate manifold .

D

Edited by DamirGTI