• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

bacardincoke

Wheel Locking Bolt...

bacardincoke

Trying to identify the make of the locking bolt in the images below, may ring a bell with someone who has the same... no idea when they were put on the car, could be from new and therefore quite old - cheers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Tom Fenton

I think they are Peugeot bolts. I have the same on my 206 with a Peugeot branded case in the glovebox.

• Thanks 1

welshpug

I bought some like that from a motorfactor years ago for a 306 I'm sure, 205 has those horrible round pin types :unsure:

fair chance the same company made them for the dealers and they have been retrofitted.

• Thanks 1

bacardincoke

The more I look at the security nut, the more I think it's been shortened by cutting the end off, surely that exposed hole isn't normal?

Might have been done to make the standard brace fit over it, if it'd been longer may not have done. Would possibly suggest it's non-standard?

Anyhow, the chrome caps are a pain to get off when on the car, presumably there's some sort of tool to do it that I don't have. It'd be sods law I get a puncture in the dark and wet when you least want to be fighting with them... may just go back to regular bolts!

Cheers.

Tom Fenton

Crikey you like to over think things.

its exactly the same as the set I have except you are missing a yellow plastic tool to pull the covers off. One owner from new car and I’ve got the invoice for the locking bolts in the paperwork from

the dealer. So they all had a hole in.