• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Zetec7

Hi All 1st post..   I have acquired a 1 owner 205gti 1-9  phase 1-5? with the alloy block. I cannot find any info on the engine block but it has a distributor+,SAD valve  so must be Jetronic.

Came with all the usual faults Heater Matix  Brake Pipes, Gearchange falling off  Dent in every panel, Same driver for 30 years sadly no longer with us.    Runs very well apart from stalling after around 2 mins due to very rich mixture . Checked out the blue water temp sender that was out of spec so new one on order. The SAD was hanging down under the water manifold so took it out checked it was open and closed after 12v  connected to it and had 46 omes resistance. Put new bolts into the manifold and refitted it so it gets engine heat.

Checked the plug  for voltage and came up with this   9-1 volts from both wires on the plug when starter engaged.  I wire is White the other is blue/green.  All the wiring diagrams I have found show different routes for these wires ? Any help appreciated

Telf

The haynes wiring diagram shows the correct wiring path for the SAD, just carry out a continuity test. 

Telf

i drew the ignition circuit - with the SAD shown in this thread page 2

Zetec7

Thanks Paul for that. all the diagrams I have put the feed from in ign switch via the starter solenoid then to a joined up earth. Yours is better!!!   So my white picks its feed from the coil and goes to an earth via the green.   Will have a look once I get my new blue water temp sensor but as I said I have 9v on both terminals and only when starter is engaged so it can not work like that..