• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimi

how best to refurbish Dimma three piece wheels

Dimi

See attached photos. What is the best way method you would use to refurbish these wheels. I was thinking to take apart the do the black centre separately and the outer shiny part separately. Oh, and those bolts?

IMG-0dfcfe45ca7ffec57824cd9eb559b220-V.jpg

IMG-79d0151b9f991aa44a1b2e5a4b359c18-V.jpg

IMG-99f96ece36f39893681c63eb6552fdd4-V.jpg

IMG-c86ddbd6f6e56916a21abc0f619f4ad9-V.jpg

jamesc

Send them to Lepsons!

Appreciate it’s money but lovely wheels and I can’t fault there work.

welshpug
2 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Send them to Lepsons!

Appreciate it’s money but lovely wheels and I can’t fault there work.

bit of a Mission from BC...

Dimi

Do you not reckon it can be diyed? There is no curbing or bents on the wheels, so I thought just surface polish, may be gentle blasting of some type and then paint and seal?

Tom Fenton

You are dreaming chap. The first thing those outer rims need are p120 emery cloth to take all the corrosion off. Then they need machine polishing through various different grades to get them shiny again. By hand forget it. If you were in the uk I’d recommend our Bim but in Canada you will need to find a company.

Dimi

Thanks for the heads up, Tom. At least I asked and based on your recommendation will have to find a shop. The car is in Bulgaria with my brother and I am in Canada, so you can guess how my plans are ruined to see the car in person this year :-) . Because of this, I bought myself a stock 205 GTI and expecting to receive it by roro ship next week. Will upload photos in two weeks once I clear Canadian Customs and bring the car home. My son already drives a 106 s16 here since 2016. Cheers!

IMG_20200418_171644.jpg

Tom Fenton

By the way, DO NOT under any circumstances blast the rims. You will ruin them! The cast wheel centres can be carefully blasted as they will need to be painted anyway. But not the aluminium rims.

pugdamo
9 hours ago, Dimi said:

Thanks for the heads up, Tom. At least I asked and based on your recommendation will have to find a shop. The car is in Bulgaria with my brother and I am in Canada, so you can guess how my plans are ruined to see the car in person this year :-) . Because of this, I bought myself a stock 205 GTI and expecting to receive it by roro ship next week. Will upload photos in two weeks once I clear Canadian Customs and bring the car home. My son already drives a 106 s16 here since 2016. Cheers!

IMG_20200418_171644.jpg

What about the 190e,nice looking car there aswell. 

Dimi

Yes, the 190e 16v is my other toy... I was in high school when it came out, so nobody can blame me for buying it :-) Fully stock except for the DRLs and a Remus back box. It has an auto tranny and I love it. When I want to drive manual, I have the Pugs :-) Have not taken it out this year yet, by the time I decided to go to the insurer to pay them, they all seem to be closed now :-)

20190721_175834s.jpg

• Like 2