• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

DSYKES5500

Arch fitting clips

DSYKES5500

Hi all, hope you are well and able to keep safe. 

I've found a bodge on my 205. The arch trims (all four) have been refitted at some point with tiger seal blobs instead of the fixing clips, two of them are not fitted very well and bulge out a bit. I'd like to put it back to factory and I've seen fixing kits available online. Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams of where the correct clips go?  Thanks, Dan

Gaz205

Your question is a bit unclear....

The arch trims are held on the inside of the arch by barb washers over the lugs that fit through the holes. The holes themselves have plastic inserts.

The side trim secures on rivets that should be in your bodywork and have multiple clips that secure on the rivets through cut outs in the trim piece. Your red trim then clips onto those.

• Thanks 1

Paul_a_uk

Its a fair question - what clips are used and how do you remove / refit the trim.

I have found a set on ebay I am guessing the arch has the spring / barbed washers.

The trim on the 1/4 panel clips onto the rivots (?) and the red trim clips in over the top to hide that fixing from view ?

The eBay sale link is here :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-Peugeot-205-GTI-CTI-Wheel-Arch-Trim-Fixing-Kit-Fixings-Clips-Rivets/251097210143?hash=item3a768f5d1f:g:UmMAAOSwdsFUPXnA

s-l1600.jpg

• Thanks 1

DSYKES5500
On 4/13/2020 at 12:24 PM, Gaz205 said:

Your question is a bit unclear....

The arch trims are held on the inside of the arch by barb washers over the lugs that fit through the holes. The holes themselves have plastic inserts.

The side trim secures on rivets that should be in your bodywork and have multiple clips that secure on the rivets through cut outs in the trim piece. Your red trim then clips onto those.

Ahh, I've got the lugs that fit through the holes but these were just stuck into blobs of tiger seal. I'm missing the barb washers and plastic inserts for the holes. This helps a lot, thanks.   The strips were stuck on when I got it but I managed to get the clips that you mentioned from Ebay and put the strips on properly. 

DSYKES5500
On 6/13/2020 at 4:48 PM, Paul_a_uk said:

Its a fair question - what clips are used and how do you remove / refit the trim.

I have found a set on ebay I am guessing the arch has the spring / barbed washers.

The trim on the 1/4 panel clips onto the rivots (?) and the red trim clips in over the top to hide that fixing from view ?

The eBay sale link is here :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-Peugeot-205-GTI-CTI-Wheel-Arch-Trim-Fixing-Kit-Fixings-Clips-Rivets/251097210143?hash=item3a768f5d1f:g:UmMAAOSwdsFUPXnA

s-l1600.jpg

This is great thanks for the link, much appreciated :)

ian010778
5 minutes ago, wicked said:

Is that a full set for the complete car or only 1 side?

That I don't know, and seeing as its a 'non-contractual photo' I wouldn't like to assume!

I had to contact them this week about an out of stock piece of trim and they got back to me within 24hours so might be worth a quick email.

Paul_a_uk

I also found the metal clips for the trim separately £10 for 6.

Ebay again ;-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-GTI-CTI-SIDE-MOULDING-DOOR-WHEEL-ARCH-WING-TRIM-METAL-PLATE-CLIPS-X6/174322145518?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Just feeling my way around this at the moment as I need to respray the door and rear 1/4 panel so its the door trim and rear arch trim I need to remove. All these part diagrams t look at I am thinking lots of photo's may be required when I strip it and then ordering parts to refit.

Thought this was going to be easy haha

Paul_a_uk
On 6/15/2020 at 5:12 PM, DSYKES5500 said:

Ahh, I've got the lugs that fit through the holes but these were just stuck into blobs of tiger seal. I'm missing the barb washers and plastic inserts for the holes. This helps a lot, thanks.   The strips were stuck on when I got it but I managed to get the clips that you mentioned from Ebay and put the strips on properly. 

Do you have a part number  or ebay number for the clips that hold the red trim on please?

I spoke to my step dad and he had a bag of clips which he was given years ago when the car was repaired - so I have the metal clips and arch plastic "pins" BUT the only thing missing is the plastic clips holding the red trim in place as at least one is damaged as the trim is loose. I managed to slide the trim out from the trim section and the end clip is broken. Want to play safe and get new clips - it looks like these from the full set I posted earlier.

trim clips.JPG

dobboy

how many do you need?

Paul_a_uk

3 for the near side and are they the same for the door trim (its a 3 door model) - I haven't even looked at the other side yet but the red trim looks wonky :(

Edited by Paul_a_uk

Paul_a_uk

Need to remove both nearside door and arch trim for respray it has the one clip and two blobs of silicon (it's not tiger seal thats for sure) - drivers side is better but trim is wonky with 2 clips holding the rear trim in place. 

This was after a wiz over to see what I was looking at paint work damage and the bonnet ??? well clear coat came off in massive flakes when picked at so wizzed over with 600 grit to "tidy it up". 

Also restoring the red Volvo parked behind it.

1620661405_emailDriverssideafter.thumb.jpg.aa11f64f12f784b044bdcc5cabe94550.jpg

clips missing.jpg

dobboy

I've got a box of gash, i think there might be some in it but not 100%, if i've got them you can have a few of them. I'll check tomorrow, if you don't hear from me remind me!

Nice crook lock!

Edited by dobboy

Paul_a_uk
4 minutes ago, dobboy said:

I've got a box of gash, i think there might be some in it but not 100%, if i've got them you can have a few of them. I'll check tomorrow, if you don't hear from me remind me!

Have you tried to do anything with that marking that to make sure it's not something on top of the paint?................ it looks like one side of the car's been out in the north sea! 

Nice crook lock!

If you have that would be great but happy to buy some from you or elsewhere if I can.

It is through the top coat sadly also its been keyed see the faint line above my missing a clip comment (under the rear window) and also part of the front door but thats just out of the shot.

The car was getting unwelcome comments (and one sh** head was damaging it) by mum n dads neighbours as it was moved for months. Dad was diagnosed with cancer, had chemo got the all clear and then whilst we were "planning" the car work covid came along and they have been in isolation so I brought the car over to our address so I could "play at weekends".

dobboy

I see the key mark now...... (cnuts)

If i have clips you can have them, i've been keeping stuff for years that i'll never need. I'll look tomorrow.

• Like 1

dobboy

You should ask the painter how much to paint the bumpers (RAL7021 iirc), while it's at a painter.

I could give you a list of easy cheap jobs to do, but as a minimum will you get those wheel bolts cleaned as a minimum please.

Paul_a_uk

Would love a list of cheap jobs and promise to clean the wheel bolts as the discs are in need of a clean up anyway - poor cars stood outside for months now so might have to speak to him about me driving it to work every so often to keep them clean :)

Its actually me (and possibly my son) who will be spraying it but will look for the paint for the bumpers - the front was the same and I have cleaned it up and re sprayed the grill (and badge). I haven't sprayed the front bumper just cleaned and given it a quick going over with trim restorer. The plastic is to keep the bird crap off as it was so thick it had to be scraped off, which is ok all the time its going to be sprayed but even so an hour to clean it off each week was getting silly.

Grill after paint and fitted.jpg

dobboy

You're in luck, PM me you're address and i'll post you three of them today/tomorrow,

IMG_8269.thumb.JPG.24a2f952cac95e20cc6c698c83e06139.JPG

Edited by dobboy

Paul_a_uk
On 6/23/2020 at 7:55 AM, dobboy said:

You're in luck, PM me you're address and i'll post you three of them today/tomorrow,

IMG_8269.thumb.JPG.24a2f952cac95e20cc6c698c83e06139.JPG

Fantastic - sorry I didnt see you had replied --- dam spam filter :(

I will see if I can PM you

Paul_a_uk
On 6/23/2020 at 7:55 AM, dobboy said:

Oh it says you cant receive PM's :(

Edited by Paul_a_uk

dobboy

my inbox was full.

Try now

Philpooma

I purchased a few of these fitting kits when I restored my last Gti, I did find the kits expensive and for the whole car, I always seemed to need a part extra. This time I decided to try something different.

I bought plastic number plate nuts and bolts and some plastic washers.

I modified the bolts so that they were an interference fit into the plastic mouldings and they are a brilliant fit, I think its more secure than the original method.

Also on this car the front locating prongs for the front wheel arch moulding had previously been snapped off, so I again modified the plastic bolts and bonded them in place with some really good plastic adhesive I found. This solution has worked well. Previously someone had used silicone sealant in this area.

B14FA502-9956-49B5-BEC6-6280E91A37F6.jpeg

0D31862D-97DF-412A-8E6F-D600E04EB3AC.jpeg

AFC913AD-73C2-494F-AAED-DB475EE09E9B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1