• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

stu28stu

be1 lift for reverse

stu28stu

Morning

can anyone explain how/what changes i need to make to use lift reverse for a be1 1.6 gearbox,

i am fitting a gti6 engine into my 205 , and cant get hold of a vts gearbox so i thought next best option would be a be1 1.6 gear box ,

only other boxes i have are for diesel engines.

however the original engine was a 1.9 diesel so i dont have lift reverse set up , 

is it a simple job to change to lift reverse ?

Its not going to be a daily driving so no motorway trips - she will be doing rallycross eventually.

welshpug

you need the cable and the sleeve and collar from the gearstick.

Also needs to be a late enough casing to have the crank sensor boss and hole in the top though!

also a Bx 16v (1.9 mi16 clutch)     the holes I think would be present also to swap the BE3 clutch arm from the Diesel box and use a post 1990 cable, the original diesel one will work.

barneys66

Hi Stuart - a bit off topic sorry, but if you happen to have any diesel boxes you're breaking then I'd be interested in a 0.76 or 0.81 fifth gear set if want to sell.

Ta

stu28stu
On 4/11/2020 at 11:00 PM, barneys66 said:

Hi Stuart - a bit off topic sorry, but if you happen to have any diesel boxes you're breaking then I'd be interested in a 0.76 or 0.81 fifth gear set if want to sell.

Ta

HI Barnsey

have a complete 1.9 diesel engine and gearbox spare !

barneys66

Cool - let me know if you want to sell the fifth gear cogs separately (assuming they're either of the ratios above).

Just need those two cogs, not the box.

Thanks