• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dawning

Inner wing repair

dawning

I know this has been covered before, if there is a definitive guide to doing this please let me know. It's such a curse on these and seems like a fiddly job but I finally have the time to attempt it on my XS. I bodged a plate on my c15 I'm the same place for the MOT but want to do it right on my 205. Bit of info, I've got a gas/ no gas welder and I'm planning to set it up to run on gas for this. I've only done a tiny bit of welding before so this is quite daunting. My plan is to butt weld two peices in and then weld them together does that seems sensible? On the horizontal piece I wanted to do and 90 degree bend along the length where it joins the vertical piece for strength, seems like how it was done originally. Although I don't have access to sheet metal working equipment so that might be rather hard. Both sides need doing but was going to attempt one side first

Please help me save this poor 205! 

Many thanks

IMG_20200406_183235324.jpg