• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HelmutGTI

Tips and Trix for mounting plastic trim?

HelmutGTI

I have a hard time to mount my wheel arch trim and door trims with out leaving a gap between the trim and chassi.

Does anyone else had this problem and manage to solve it? 

Thanks / Patrik

DamirGTI

Double sided sticky tape ... pick some known good quality tape , 3M or similar .

Cut to measure and lay few strips on the trim insides or the chassis/bodywork , and prior to joining the trim onto the chassis/bodywork heat up the tape a little bit with a hair dryer or similar , it'll grip tighter when warmed up a bit .

D

Telf

if you get the correct metal clips that grip the trim inside the wheel arch you can get a nice tight fit. You need new ones though, used don't tend to give the same grip.

failing that 3Ms tape as Damir says

HelmutGTI
1 hour ago, Telf said:

if you get the correct metal clips that grip the trim inside the wheel arch you can get a nice tight fit. You need new ones though, used don't tend to give the same grip.

failing that 3Ms tape as Damir says

Yes! I have new fitting clips maybe I test both tape and  my clips.

Paul_a_uk

Hi - sorry to jump in but do you have a link to the new clips please?

I am looking to remove from my step dads 205, respray the panel and refit the trim - found a full set on ebay but its a full set and not just the metal clips. He has a few of the clips for the red trim strip following a repair 5 years ago.

series111

I plan to use these ebay item no 391377860251 instead of the barbed type Peugeot originally used.

I bought and tested them before I stripped the car good tight fit with the added bonus of a rubber seal.

dobboy

You could maybe use these if you got the right size

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHAKEPROOF-WASHERS-INTERNAL-Black-M3-M6-M8-PACKS-of/183136363542?hash=item2aa3c72416:g:J1gAAOSwJPRejHlI

To get the plastic tight, i think i used small socket in the arch over the lot to press the washer in to give a bit more leverage.

steve@cornwall

In the past I've used plastic numberplate bolts and nuts on the arches. The heads need a little filing to slip into the trim, but then can be tightened to the body

• Thanks 1