• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

duurtlang

205 convertible side window seal. 205-Twingo hybrid seal prototype

duurtlang

As all 205 convertible drivers will recognize, the window rubbers on the doors will shrink. My CTi had the same issue. New rubbers are not available and parts cars all have the same issue. So, you have to be creative.

I took the window rubbers of a mk2 (2007-2014) Renault Twingo. The Twingo obviously is a car with door frames like the 205 hatch, so the edge where the inner and outer rubber touch is from a cut 205 convertible rubber.

I think the pictures speak for themselves. This is still a prototype. The Twingo parts fit the 205 door perfectly though. The last job we still have is to glue the Twingo and 205 rubbers to each other. We are planning on using the vulcanization glue you use for mending bicycle inner tubes. If some else has another suggestion, I would really like to hear it!

01016511.png

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-20 at 15.16.51 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-20 at 15.45.04 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-25 at 21.25.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-25 at 21.33.46 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-25 at 21.33.46.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-20 at 15.17.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-20 at 15.17.21 (1).jpeg

Edited by duurtlang

bacardincoke

Have a look at Gorilla Glue Gel, the one with the green cap.

I'd a small split on a window seal recently and was looking for a glue that did rubber to rubber... The gel version specifically mentions it on the packaging.

I found standard superglue wouldn't do it, but the gel worked a treat.

Gorilla.jpg

sp_en_ny

Be interested to hear how you get on with this, I was lucky enough to be able to source a new drivers side seal but even that in the couple of years i have had it has shrunk a little, so it would be of great use to know there were alternative options. My passenger side has shrunk an inch or two and really needs something doing to it.